Sunday, November 6, 2011

Against The Wind (2011 - Bob Seger Live)

Whew he still has it after all these years and singing one of my all time favorite songs ....

  Against the Wind ----  Breaking all the rules that would bend, I began to find myself searching for shelter again and again.... Against the Wind...... Found myself seeking shelter against the wind. 

OLDER NOW..... but still running against the wind.... against the wind. 

still running... running against the wind .... I'm still running, running against the wind.
See the young man run.... watch the young man running against the wind... let the cowboys ride,
against the wind........................  I'll be riding against the wind .......... Older now.... but still running
                         AGAINST THE WIND...........  Yeah, that's Bob Seger, a little older now than he was in 1980 when he was running and doing night moves, but he's still running headlong into the wind. 

These trips down memory lane are saddening, leaves me to wonder if these guys are going to be the last real legends of Southern Rock, although others are trying, just hoping he's not the last of the dying breed.  or maybe it's just that I'm growing older right along with him, in 1980 I thought the world was a playground and I had to swing in all the swings and slide down all the slides, the swinging and sliding don't come as easy as they use to, but like Seger, I'm still running headlong into the wind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment